Other G-Body owners around my area, WYA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
hey ck80, thank you so much for that info. That's why I joined this forum. let me look into it and maybe i can take a ride to tampa a find the chevy minivan 4.3's L V6 you spoke about.
Full size chevy/gmc vans (g-series), the s10 blazers, gmt400 pickup trucks, lots of victims to harvest from that don't have much desirability as engine donors. Sometimes someone parting a truck sells a blown up 4.3 complete with accessories for cheap, that's a workable solution too

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'm familiar with the g series van because I had one before. any years you suggest I look into?
Well, basically the 4.3 trucks of the similar age, just watch how many bolt holes you have on your heads vs the donors. Likely not an issue for you, and, not that you couldn't rob one off a 5.7, it's just that 4.3s are fairly undesirable and overlooked with most not knowing you can scrounge from them.

You've also got other options, depending what and where you want things to lie in the engine bay as.

An s10 blazer, or a pickup/suburban would have a conventional setup. But around a 90ish-96 g20 van had a firewall mounted power steering reservoir you can hide wherever it fits and the pump can be used on the v8. Don't remember off the top of my head if the g30/g3500s were setup like that or not... but I know I've seen it on 20/2500s with the v6. So if playing with that option or even just looking how it appears on thee engine with the different PS pump that's one to poke your head in on.

Also not sure on what you've got there but a reverse rotation water pump, can steal from the donor if you don't have, is a must due to the belt routing.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Full size chevy/gmc vans (g-series), the s10 blazers, gmt400 pickup trucks, lots of victims to harvest from that don't have much desirability as engine donors. Sometimes someone parting a truck sells a blown up 4.3 complete with accessories for cheap, that's a workable solution too
I used a 94 Chev S Blazer with the 4.3l TBI. Nice easy swap. Had to get AC hoses done and you will need to buy a water pump as rotation is opposite

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor