Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share a few pictures of the 79' Monte Carlo we just picked up for a new project. We chose this car because of the virtually rust free and untouched body, solid under carriage and original paint. This car give us a great start for our project. The car currently has a 350 0.040 over, 202 heads, TH350 with 11" TCI breakaway converter and 3.73 gears with a true lock posi, it feels very strong! Over winter we will be turning this car into a pro-touring machine with a full UMI suspension, lowered, front and rear brake upgrade, wheels, tires, seats and driveline modifications. Right now it is set up for drag racing so we have a little work to do to make it handle. But we feel this is a good start. We will be doing a build thread and step by step installation of all the UMI products so stay tuned.

Thanks for looking,
Ryan
http://www.umiperformance.com

Attachments

• 79 Monte Carlo 1 (small).jpg
    79 Monte Carlo 1 (small).jpg
    241 KB · Views: 12,652
  • 79 Monte Carlo 2.jpg
    79 Monte Carlo 2.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 8,893
  • 79 Monte Carlo 3.jpg
    79 Monte Carlo 3.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 10,693
Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Can't wait to see how this turns out! I actually like the green and I'm glad it's a '78-'80 model as well. This car is really gonna surprise people who think it's just a "puke green" Sunday driver.

LIVE4RDO

Apprentice
Jul 14, 2010
Staten Island, New York
subscribed

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Ryan,
Best of luck on your project.

I officially endorse and approve of it! :rofl:

I can't wait to see how it turns out, and you told me you're keeping the green..... I'm holding you to that! Because I wish I would have!

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Thanks everyone for looking and subscribing. We are excited to get started on it... actually I was going to start to taking it apart this weekend but we have some before testing to run first so I couldn't.

Tony- We will be keeping it the puke green color for now :). The paint is decent for the year, it has its chips, dings and some fading but overall nice to work with. The previous owner also repainted the bumpers. But you just can't paint this color and look anymore so it is staying as is for now to keep it a sleeper and with in budget.

We are also keeping this is a budget build, we are just like most of you and don't have thousands on top of thousands to invest into cars. So we will be keeping all our customers in mind as we build a fun pro-tour/street machine at a decent price!

Here are a few more pictures I just snapped. The interior won't be staying as is :rofl:

Attachments

• 79 Monte Carlo 4 (small).jpg
    79 Monte Carlo 4 (small).jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 9,248
  • 79 Monte Carlo 5 (small).jpg
    79 Monte Carlo 5 (small).jpg
    211 KB · Views: 7,854

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
I would totally Rock that interior (minus the dinosaur tach lol).... put some good gauges and stereo in and call it done....

Wheels and suspension parts and drive it! I wish it was my daily driver.. :D

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Tony_SS said:
I would totally Rock that interior (minus the dinosaur tach lol).... put some good gauges and stereo in and call it done....

Wheels and suspension parts and drive it! I wish it was my daily driver.. :D
x2

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor