Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I hope the next part that I order from RockAuto has a fridge magnetic in the box with the Green Machine on it..... :)

• Agree
  • Haha
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 6 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
As always, luvin' the Green Machine Ramey...….needs a smaller AFR sticker & a bigger Dart one!
RZ @ D ;)

Hey Rick.

Yes, It's time for a new wrap as things have changed a bit.

For those watching, this car now has a 427 inch SBC. It features a DART SHP block and made 520 rwhp with HEI and a carburetor. The coolest thing about this build was the machining. We were in a hurry (surprise!) at the time and heard about Dart's in house machining service. They did the boring, honing, decking and stroker clearancing in-house. Our engine builder performed final inspection and cleaning - and assembly went perfectly. Good stuff from Dart.

Side note: We have an iron Dart LS Next 427 itching to go in something. Wonder if the green machine should be repurposed as a drag car?

Reactions: 1 user

Malihoochie-

Apprentice
May 14, 2020
Detroit area
:sneaky: ……. Ramey...…..no one is going to buy that "the coolest thing about this build was the machining" :ROFLMAO:. Who are you trying to fool? You have all kinds of cool thingies and mods to that ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
:sneaky: ……. Ramey...…..no one is going to buy that "the coolest thing about this build was the machining" :ROFLMAO:. Who are you trying to fool? You have all kinds of cool thingies and mods to that ride.

I was trying subliminal marketing. Dart. Dart. Dart. Dart.

It does really handle awesome. Our parts help of course but the geometry, the awesome shocks (not expensive I may add), the great brakes, etc. all help it run strong on the road course. I was really trying to put it in the 1:03's but to no avail. When watching track day videos from Pitt North it's fun to see fast cars run 1:08's and realize we're going 4-5 sec faster.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
What RPM am I hearing at 0:40? I can’t see the tach, but I’m impressed a ginormous stroker small block holds together at what sounds like 6000 RPM.

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
What RPM am I hearing at 0:40? I can’t see the tach, but I’m impressed a ginormous stroker small block holds together at what sounds like 6000 RPM.

It went 6800 rpm at the end of the back stretch and front stretch at Pitt. We turn it to 7400 on autocross (but not for long, always changing rpm). It's a Manley lightweight forged rotator and then the AFR heads have upgraded springs and titanium retainers. And a stud girdle.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you upgrade, then it would be great to see a complete parts list prior to the upgrade.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor