Out for a drive yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I used to do quite a bit of scuba diving off of the coast ot Clearwater Fl and they are so cool when you look at the from below. Way cool

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used to do quite a bit of scuba diving off of the coast ot Clearwater Fl and they are so cool when you look at the from below. Way cool

first time I was scuba diving in the Gulf near Tampa a shark greeted up and I sh*t myself....my buddy told me not to worry about the shark but I think I used up half my tank in about 30 seconds.... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Clearwater is west of Tampa. Awesome place to grow up. I left almost 40 years ago as it was getting to crowded. A buddy of mine just published a book about growing up there.
You Should have Been There by Fred Hosley. We grew up together. Can't wait to read it

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Shark sightings are becoming more common along the coast of Nova Scotia these days.
One beach was closed yesterday because of fins seen close to the beach.
Guy

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I flew over a beach a few years ago and we saw sharks between the swimmers and the beach. Pretty common in Florida

Reactions: 1 users

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
Yeah, yeah, yeah it’s all fun and games when you have the engine and power to beat them...but try driving my (must be at least 75-80 HP) 3.8 powered 1983 Cutlass Supreme, when every single kid in a Honda Civic, and now I’ve even noticed KIAs, revving up, shadowing me through traffic, and mean mugging me from every light!!! What about us V6 victims?!?!🤷🏼 LOL
The wife,one of her sisters and their girlfriends went to PEI for the week yesterday.
One of her GF's,Karen,worked with the wife,Valeria,on the Emergency Floor at our local hospital right up until she retired..
Now Karen has lost quite a bit of weight lately and her doctor is not sure why.
They have sent her for blood work a couple of times and she is scheduled for more tests soon.
Cancer runs in her family,but we all have our fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Anyhow,she has always liked my Monte and wanted to go for a drive in it.So the wife suggested that I drive the two of them to the city,Dartmouth,so they could meet up at her sisters place and leave from there.
I made sure that the Monte was all cleaned up inside and out,and Karen got to sit up front !!
She was tickled pink to finally go for a drive in the old car.
And,on the highway on the way there,I got to play with a newish Mustang convertible.He was going a bit slower than I was going so I passed him.Of course,as soon as I passed he decided to speed up and follow me,then he passed me,I followed him for a bit,then I saw the chance to box him in behind a slower car he was catching,a la my late Uncle Fred,so I passed him and gave the 650 HP big block a shot as I went by.He started to pull out to follow me again,but it kinda looked like his passenger,wife maybe ??,must have put the kibosh to that idea,and he pulled back in behind the slower car and stayed there,LOL
I've lost count of the number of "Stangs that have seen the taillights of the old Monte over the last 19 years.Usually one or two a year,and I love it !!
Guy

• Haha

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Yeah, yeah, yeah it’s all fun and games when you have the engine and power to beat them...but try driving my (must be at least 75-80 HP) 3.8 powered 1983 Cutlass Supreme, when every single kid in a Honda Civic, and now I’ve even noticed KIAs, revving up, shadowing me through traffic, and mean mugging me from every light!!! What about us V6 victims?!?!🤷🏼 LOL

You do know that you too can swap a fire breathing Big Block Chevy into your Cutlass,right ??
LOL
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
So my Hot Rod buddy Bill was in my area today getting the oil changed in his daily at his mechanic,who's shop is just a couple of minutes from me.
Bill is 72 and been a hot rodder all his life.Back in the late 60's his older brother worked for a Ford dealer in Halifax and worked night shifts there.
Every once in a while Bill's brother would sneak a brand new car out for a "test spin".Bill got to go in Boss 302's and one time a 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed '69 Mach I and he loved it.
He has had 30-40 hot cars over the years,and has expressed an interest in going for a drive in the Monte.Well,today was Bill's lucky day !!
I went over and picked him up,he thought we were going to Tim Horton's for a coffee,but first we went for a rip.
I had a route all picked out that I occasionally use close to home,all back roads.
I turned onto Lakewood Road and was down in 2nd gear with the rev's just right,punched it to the floor and we were going sideways up the road in 2nd and 3rd.
Then I turned onto the last back road of our rip and ran the bbc up to the rev limiter in first to fourth gear,until I caught up to a slow farm truck.
As soon as it was clear the other way,I pulled out and wound it up through 4th and into 5th,when I backed off as we were hitting 200 KPH for up coming corners.
Oh Yeah,that put a big smile on Bill's face :giggle:
He was very impressed with how the Monte pulled,fastest car he has ever been in !! He also commented on how good it rode and handled,and how easy it was to keep it going straight even when going sideways.
Then we went to Tim's for coffee...
Guy

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor