Out of control cruise control

Status
Not open for further replies.

philx

n00b
May 18, 2018
I purchased a 87 Monte Carlo SS this week and when trying the cruise control when you engage it, the car shifts down and goes to 75MPH then shifts back up You can turn it off with the switch or hitting the brake but it seems be to stuck It will keep it at 75 on the open highway up and down hills Anyone have any ideas . I have checked vacuum lines wires etc but have no clue what is going on

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
I purchased a 87 Monte Carlo SS this week and when trying the cruise control when you engage it, the car shifts down and goes to 75MPH then shifts back up You can turn it off with the switch or hitting the brake but it seems be to stuck It will keep it at 75 on the open highway up and down hills Anyone have any ideas . I have checked vacuum lines wires etc but have no clue what is going on

I would start with the Cruse control transducer (mounted under hood w/ 2 speedometer cables going in to it) then both cables, then speedo gears.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

that's not a Monte Carlo SS, it's a Tesla....:p

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor