Outer door handles ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I am in the middle of replacing the power window motors and installing a new LMC HD power window harness.
While I have the door panels off I would like to also install new outer door handels,which I've had for a couple of years,LOL.
I tried a google search and found a video on how to replace the latch and inner door handles,but nothing on the outers.
Can anyone give me some directions on how to do this ??
Guy

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
The outer door handles are bolted on...fastened with 2 10mm nuts. You'll have to remove a clip that fastens the rod that goes down to the latch. Unbolt the handle and remove....you might have to angle/wiggle the handle a little to get it all the way out...it's been awhile but seems last one I did I had to. There should be a gasket between the handle and the door itself...replacements are available if need be. I'm sorry I don't have access to any pics here at work or I would attached some.

Once you get looking inside the door at the handle area I think you'll see it's kinda straight forward.

**edit...just found this link to a video on a Camaro...same idea..

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Thanks,I will have a closer look tomorrow.
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I had a closer look today and just watched that video.
I couldnt even see the door handle while laying on my back and looking up,LOL
I think this will be a project for when I can get someone with small hands to help with it.
Guy

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It's a piece o' cake. You remove them more by using feel than sight...except for the clips that hold the rods onto the door handles.
The biggest part is removing the door panels.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor