Outer window door seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgeline

Greasemonkey
Jan 19, 2008
I have found that getting a good parts place for a g body 442 is a little different for a g body monte ss. I need the outer seals that go between the window and the outer door skin. Anybody out there know a good place to get things like that?

josh77

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2008
Wisconsin
You're talking the felt scraper right? It attaches to the stainless trim on top of the door. I got mine from Mike's Montes.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Nope, Monte and Cutlass doors are different. They have the small upward curve to them near the mirror. Monte doors are straight across. Technically it will fit, but won't be right.

You need ones for either a Cutlass or a Regal, they are the same.

There were two different styles of sweep though. One for cars with the wide anodized aluminum (not stainless) trim on the top of the door, where the sweep is stapled to the trim, and the whole piece screws to the door. And one for cars without the wide trim with just a thin molded stainless bead that just screws to the door. So make sure you're ordering the correct kind. If you can't find original ones with the wide trim attached, you can get just the sweep, and attach it to your old trim. Or ditch the trim, and use the thin kind.

You will have to remove the door glass to get the screws out.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
the two types of window sweeps are.........window sweep with reveal molding ( chrome strip on the door top), window sweep without reveal molding ( no chrome)

be sure to pick the right one

peace

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Actually, easier than removing the glass, mark the glass stops and then take them out and roll the window down further. That's what I've done and it works, just be careful and watch how far down it goes. The worst that really could happen is either the guide wheel pop out of the track (retrack it easily by hand) or the glass touch the bottom of the door. Easier and safer than removing the glass.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
Are GP window sweeps the same as MC window sweeps? Can i eliminate the aluminum trim on top of the door and use the other style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor