Overflow Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Just wondering, what do you use for a overflow bottle if you dont have a stock one, hoping to see some interesting replies and ideas.....me myself, i have a gallon Jack Daniels bottle :wink:

MrHernandez said:
Just wondering, what do you use for a overflow bottle if you dont have a stock one, hoping to see some interesting replies and ideas.....me myself, i have a gallon Jack Daniels bottle :wink:

hmmmm, i want a pic of that!!

i'll see what i can do being as i'm already computer retarded, throw a camera in the mix and everything goes to hell

Made mine from some left over exhaust tubing and scrap metal laying around. Added a few compression fittings and a plastic tube for a site glass. Then mounted it to my electric fan's metal shroud.

DSCN0192.jpg

phpXrDEFbPM.jpg

I planned on making one out of a NOS energy drink can. But with the small volume it would hold, i figure it wouldn't be worth it(still have the can though). It was mostly so I could say I had nos(poking fun at fast and furious). :lol:

I've seen kids use monster energy drink cans. The B.F.C. version. I'm sure you could figure out what that stands for. lol. Doesn't do much for me though...

My Cutlass is stock but on my Datsun and on my '35 pickup I ran old Mt. Dew bottles -- glass with the hillbilly on it.

my stock overflow bottle in my cutlass is gunked up with sh*t,i mixed vinegar and water and let it sit for a couple days and the gunk is starting to break up.Gbodyparts does sell new overflow cans,but they are not being reproduced anymore now so they have a limited quantity of 70.For $30 i'm gonna grab one.I have seen hotrods with old whiskey bottles as overflow cans as a nostalgia look and i was thinking about doing the same since mine is pretty worn and dirty

yeah i did the vinegar and water trick with my radiator when i first dropped the 350, you'd be amazed at how much sh*t accumulates in a cooling system

I'll probably catch a lot of crap for this, but I got rid of my tank, and several other things in the engine compartment. 😀 I put a 16lb cap on it, and I've never had a problem. :shock: If it overheats and spits out coolant, I'll know I've got bigger troubles than a missing overflow tank !! 🙂 4 years and counting.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mickey-d :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor