Overhaulin' restomod of El Camino with 67 Camaro body lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
Here's a short (2:30) youtube video that presents a fairly complete walk-around of the project the Velocity Network did restoring and modifying a G-body El Camino as designed by well known car designer Chip Foose, using body lines from the 1967 Camaro. The workmanship seems to be of high quality.

Sharing my opinion would imply I think you should care. You shouldn't.

Best - Gary

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I mean, it's cool and all. But no keyhole would piss me off so much. what, is he supposed to not lock his new car now? Plus... is that a horse on the grille emblem?

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I for one think its ugly as hell.

• Agree

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
ehhhh I kinda like it..kinda mixed feelings about it. maybe a better stance!!:)

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I waited a long time for a G body Overhaulin' project, and I have to admit that I think this was the only Overhaulin' car that disappointed me. They tried to disguise an El Camino to look like a '67 Camaro.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I always liked Foose's creations...however, I didn't quite care for this one. It was creative and well done, but not my cup o' tea.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
First Chris Jacobs is a D-bag. And now that we got that out of the way...

Craftsmanship is pretty impressive - way more tasteful than another G-body Elky with a Camaro nose hanging off of it that springs to memory - and induces a fit of dry heaving.

Unfortunately Chip Foose is a designer trying too hard to remain relevant after previous successes. The only custom shop worse are the (burning) Ring (of fire) Brothers. In both cases neither of these designers have a clear vision or the ability to execute a clean and timeless design. Basically a Pimp My Ride car for muscle cars.

Steve Strope gets my vote for building clean and complete projects - where subtly and restraint are key: http://www.purevisiondesign.com/rides/projects.html

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
My wife always said if my car got overhauled and they revealed it to me, the first words out of my mouth would be " Where the F*@K are my door handles, Chip!!! "

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've always made it very clear to my wife and daughter that I never, ever want any of my cars submitted to any of those shows. Ever.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
x100. My family are the same ( insert appropriate Beuford T Justice quote here )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor