Overkill on a Stock Bottom End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuBrandon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2017
Saint Charles, Missouri
Hey guys, I'm wanting to get all the power I can out of the motor that's in my Malibu now, which is a mild built 355 with cast (stock) pistons rods and crank. Would this top end kit http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=192079145133 be too much for it as is, and if so would smaller flow heads help? Also, wanting to keep it streetable on a semi daily basis, so there will be no nitrous or any other power adders used. Any suggestions to go with this setup as far as hydraulic roller cam? Thanks! Brandon

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It would be nice to know your complete combo - from what I here, yes - it is tooo much.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
I think it's too much, personally. That single plane intake is more for the track. For the street, you want 2 plane intake. Do you know how to tune carburators? You will be doing a lot of that.
What is your current combo?
A cam similar to the XE-268 would be good and lopey.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
For the cam you'll wanna tell the cam company what converter and gears you have. And ×2 on getting a dual plane

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MalibuBrandon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 4, 2017
Saint Charles, Missouri
Unfortunately I don't have much info on whats been done to the motor, Just bought it recently, and the information I have is vague at best. I have a friend who races a Fox body, and he will be helping me get everything dialed in once its put together, but he wasn't sure what components to suggest for my needs as far as the build goes.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Personally I always think really good heads are a good idea on any motor. As in in my opinion heads can never be overkill.

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
Since the motor is coming apart, figure out what you got. Go from there for your build up. Match up all your components and don't just throw parts at it or You will be disappointed and broke.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor