PACT ACT

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Any of the US Military Vets file for this if you meet the criteria?

That came down back in August, I got mine in August 4th. As of Jan 1st claims are starting to be processed. Called the VA yesterday morning just to double check and got the same info as below, guy was pretty chill and helpful so it makes me wonder if he actually worked for the VA. 🤣

Screenshot_20230105-103046_Email.jpg

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I have not, doubt I can. Wasn't in Afghanistan or Iraq. Closest was South Korea. Unit I was in just had claims start going thru for agent orange though. Was stored on post for decades and started leaking. Wasn't cleaned up until after I left. Luckily I don't have any symptoms though.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I have not, doubt I can. Wasn't in Afghanistan or Iraq. Closest was South Korea. Unit I was in just had claims start going thru for agent orange though. Was stored on post for decades and started leaking. Wasn't cleaned up until after I left. Luckily I don't have any symptoms though.
You are a lucky man, my late FIL spent the last 5 years of his life fighting health issues from his tour in Vietnam. The federal government changed the rules in late 2021 I believe and all old compensation requests that were not approved were approved. We had no idea, they went back and went through all the old filings and mailed out checks. My wife received a posthumous check in the mail from the VA last April, compensation for his suffering. Only good thing to come of it is my MIL is taken care of for the rest of her days at an assisted living.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm guessing for those active it's just another thing to get rated for? Not that I was exposed to agent orange or any burn pits, but I probably walked in front of a few aircraft radars. At least that's my rationale for having 3 daughters.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
If still on active duty I'd be getting everything documented.

Me right now I've got burnpit and DU exposure with early symptoms of some stuff.. why I'm ontop of this. I'm in the Burn Pit Registry and have to fill out the Gulf War area paperwork for that Registry with an evaluation here in a couple weeks to see what possible conditions there are.

but I probably walked in front of a few aircraft radars. At least that's my rationale for having 3 daughters.
Good mail man.. ;)

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

Me right now I've got burnpit and DU exposure with early symptoms of some stuff.. why I'm ontop of this. I'm in the Burn Pit Registry and have to fill out the Gulf War area paperwork for that Registry with an evaluation here in a couple weeks to see what possible conditions there are.

Good mail man.. ;)

A damn good looking one at that.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY

Good mail man.. ;)
Only real exposure/list I'm on is for Ground Zero. We worked the entire time down there with no masks.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Only real exposure/list I'm on is for Ground Zero. We worked the entire time down there with no masks.
Yea definitely some biohazard and other stuff there.

• Agree

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I actually got a claim in the pipe line right now but it's looking to see if an issue I had was related to Gulf War Syndrome since the VA couldn't give me an answer what was wrong or how I got what ever caused it. I was never around the burn pits but I ate some of the local foods & spent six wonderful months living with the ING/IA in Tikrit on the first tour. They should include gut issues as I know alot of guys who ate a lot of local foods with some serious issues.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor