Paint or clear coat bell housing . Make up my mind please .

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
Hey guys , redoing the ol Saginaw and been cleaning the bell housing. Actually coming out pretty good with a wire wheel. Debating on painting it to match engine color or just maybe throwing a clear coat on it. Has anyone done this before ?
IMG_20170228_164545175.jpg

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
Hey guys , redoing the ol Saginaw and been cleaning the bell housing. Actually coming out pretty good with a wire wheel. Debating on painting it to match engine color or just maybe throwing a clear coat on it. Has anyone done this before ? View attachment 61627
Meant make up my mind in post.. FNG

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hey guys , redoing the ol Saginaw and been cleaning the bell housing. Actually coming out pretty good with a wire wheel. Debating on painting it to match engine color or just maybe throwing a clear coat on it. Has anyone done this before ? View attachment 61627
I like the idea of clear coating some things instead of painting them. If you do clear it, i would high heat engine clear. If you paint it, i think an aluminum or cast color would look cool.

If it were mine, I'd paint it something similar to aluminum as mentioned above.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
I like the idea of clear coating some things instead of painting them. If you do clear it, i would high heat engine clear. If you paint it, i think an aluminum or cast color would look cool.

If it were mine, I'd paint it something similar to aluminum as mentioned above.
Thanks Cutty buddy , might look good that way. Agree. We need to get together in Louisville this year .

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks Cutty buddy , might look good that way. Agree. We need to get together in Louisville this year .
For sure man! On parts...hmmm...are there any 85-up cutlass' in yards around there? I've got 3 yards within a few miles of my house and jack squat for g bodies. Well, there are a couple g's, but they are stripped already. I will have to look at my list to see what is needed.

Thanks Shane,
Scott.

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
For sure man! On parts...hmmm...are there any 85-up cutlass' in yards around there? I've got 3 yards within a few miles of my house and jack squat for g bodies. Well, there are a couple g's, but they are stripped already. I will have to look at my list to see what is needed.

Thanks Shane,
Scott.
Just let me know Bro , I got some outlets around here . Friend of mine has sheds full of stuff , including a GN with 5000 miles on it. Talked him into going to CC Nats with us. I have some things as well bro.

Reactions: 1 user

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
Just let me know Bro , I got some outlets around here . Friend of mine has sheds full of stuff , including a GN with 5000 miles on it. Talked him into going to CC Nats with us. I have some things as well bro.
buffed it up lil more

Attachments

• IMG_20170228_192056215.jpg
    IMG_20170228_192056215.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sweet, will do buddy. I am looking for rear side markers for cutlass (red rectangle ones). Mine have some minor cracks and don't wanna buy new ones yet. I've got a few extra things laying around as well, complete wiper assembly, stock steel cutlass hood, odd and ends stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor