Paint Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
years ago people said the same thing to me when I said I wanted paint the GP matte blue......after it was done I got plenty of compliments. It is nice to have something different.

I know you rarely post your car Steve, but I gotta say I love the look. It comes off as "driven" rather than "polished, shown and garaged"

Reactions: 2 users

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Faux-tina is played out already. Not really a fan on anything post-'55, anyway.

Somewhat agree...I really like the look of cars in the "final" sanded out stage prior to paint(pardon the layman term lol) Something about the different colors coming through with the highs and lows...

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Faux-tina is played out already. Not really a fan on anything post-'55, anyway.

I'm in Canada and we are years behind in what you guys do in the US.....Faux-tina isn't even in a Canadian dictionary yet...... :cool:

• Haha

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Wrap is a hot trend these days, If installed properly it can look pretty damn similar to a matte paint. I've seen a few brushed metal finish jobs up close locally that were pretty damn decent actually.

The greatest thing about the wrap trend;;;;;;;done in a day or 2, no paint jail.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Wrap is a hot trend these days, If installed properly it can look pretty damn similar to a matte paint. I've seen a few brushed metal finish jobs up close locally that were pretty damn decent actually.

The greatest thing about the wrap trend;;;;;;;done in a day or 2, no paint jail.
There ya go. Riveted panels have been done to death, BUT I haven't seen fuel leaking through the seams of SR-71 skin, yet.....

Nov 4, 2012
Hot Rod Flames! Don't make me dig up pictures of the 1950 Mercury I worked on.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm in Canada and we are years behind in what you guys do in the US.....Faux-tina isn't even in a Canadian dictionary yet...... :cool:
any pictures of this Tina?she like guys with cars that look like a Malibu with a truck looking thing going on in the back?

• Haha

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
any pictures of this Tina?she like guys with cars that look like a Malibu with a truck looking thing going on in the back?

1230_300x300_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor