painted chrome bumpers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viera

Greasemonkey
Jan 29, 2011
has anybody seen that b4 painting ur chrome bumpers with maching color of the car? pics will help

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I have seen it and i have done it. The front bumper on my wagon was chrome know it is painted the same color as car.
I hit my bumper with 80 grit sand paper primed it with epoxy primer then painted it with car paint has held up very well for 5yrs so far. Remember no shake up can it will never hold up. Sorry no pics but if you need one i will get it.

If you can sand blast chrome off it will be even better on bonding primer but either way works.

viera

Greasemonkey
Jan 29, 2011
cool. yea I would sand blasted first I have one. just thinking of ideas now I'll like to do something diff.

viera

Greasemonkey
Jan 29, 2011
thanks autlaw! for sharing If u were local u deff be painting my car.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
if yor thinking about sandblasting it so it will stick do it very lightly you the chrome will start to peel and then you will have to do all of it and that will take forever

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
My bumpers are painted. I sandblasted them, epoxy primer and single stage urethane paint. So far so good

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

CIMG03392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor