Pappy's 1986 Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Thanks, Opie Knievel. I'm kinda old school here. I have a flip phone that takes pictures and this iPad. Is there a way to get pictures from the phone to the iPad to a file to upload?

I'm sure there is a way to do it but without actually having the phone in hand, I really don't know how to do it. I haven't even seen a flip phone in a long time. As far as the iPad goes, you'll have to consult with someone who's familiar with Apple products as I don't know anything about them and I try to avoid them if possible.

Maybe see if your kids or grandkids can help you out. I'd like to see some pics of your car.

Oh, I just thought of something. If your iPad takes pics, use it to take some pics of the car and then post them on here straight from the iPad.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Pappy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2017
My, how time flys! Brief update on Pappy’s Regal: the transmission and the water pump went out a few days after I got it home. I got the water pump replaced, pulled the power steering and put an S10 manual box on. Took a few trips to the parts store for a belt. Found a BOP TH350 on Craigslist and had a friend of a friend go thru it. Got it re-installed aaaand! No worky-worky. Trans comes back out and goes back to the trans guy. Fast forward to now, the trans is back in and seems to be fine. Hopefully, I will get some miles on it after the Christmas craziness is over.

Reactions: 2 users

Pappy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2017
Thanks, My86R3gal! This car is my decompression chamber! SO! The trans seems to work good. We are still tinkering with the shift points. The trans man was supposed to put a “shift kit” in it. We’ll see. I also added a 2000 stall Summit converter. Rear gears on the list. In addition, I have swapped in an S10 manual steering box and, with the 3-groove pulleys I got from 87National (Thanks, Mike!), I have eliminated the air pump and AC. Today I deleted the cruise control and picked up fresh spark plugs and wires. I have a set of headers I got from kustomkyle that should go on in the next week or so. My mechanic, who is also my Number 1 Son!, put in a
G Force dual hump trans crossmember. Nice piece! I gotta get some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor