Parking/Ebrake function with Fbody & Corvette Rear Disc Calipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I saw this being discussed figured I would share what I did. Being mine is a Manual car, this is a necessity.

I used LT1 Fbody Rear Disc on my 1984 SS. The Gbody using the foot pedal is about 2 times the cable travel distance compared to the hand lever operated Fbody & Corvette Brakes. Basically a 2:1 ratio on the movement.

To counter this I installed a fulcrum on the frame. The Gbody cable is going forward to the Foot Pedal, and the Fbody is going to the Calipers. I have a turn buckle on the cable going back for fine adjustments. Been working like this for a while..simple to do too.

KmjDtYy.jpg

amIXIXf.jpg

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I put the F body handbrake system in my GP, 4 pedals would have confused me...:)

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was thought of that, any chance you have any pics of it?

I made a brake similar to the one in the picture and welded it in the tunnel, for the handbrake I cut the u channel across the hump and welded a pate to make a ledge for the handbrake assembly to bolt to. If I ever remove the seat I'll take some pictures of it but it's not that difficult to set up. The hole for the cable in the hump is easy to see where it goes with the cable. I used the F body cables and they would with the F body disk brake or the drum brake.

114375d1143221803-lt1-rear-parking-brake-photo_122605_001.jpg

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Nice, thanks for the pic. I would have to see how to incorporate it to the console as well.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I made a brake similar to the one in the picture and welded it in the tunnel, for the handbrake I cut the u channel across the hump and welded a pate to make a ledge for the handbrake assembly to bolt to. If I ever remove the seat I'll take some pictures of it but it's not that difficult to set up. The hole for the cable in the hump is easy to see where it goes with the cable. I used the F body cables and they would with the F body disk brake or the drum brake.

114375d1143221803-lt1-rear-parking-brake-photo_122605_001.jpg
I have that piece from an Fbody, mounted it under the rear drivers seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor