Parking light and side marker issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
I am having an issue with my bumper parking lights and front side markers...I have none what so ever but as soon as I hit the turn signal lever they go on but don't blink for either side just stay on, used to go on before and taillights dont blink either...what could be the issue ground maybe?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Sounds like a turn signal flasher stopped working.
Check your 4way hazards are working, this works off of a different flasher, if all the bulbs flash, then your wiring is good and you need to replace the turn signal flasher.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Replaced the turn signal flasher and clraned ground and still the same thing nonlu go on when put blinker on and stays on

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Double check grounds, metal to metal contact of connectors & bulbs/sockets for corrosion, old dirty dielectic grease in bulb sockets.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Did that cleaned ground areabhlbs fairly new no corrosion...I did find a brown wire coming from firewall somewhere along other wires not connected to anything....fairly old wires too

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Check all the brown wires to the parking & side marker light sockets. Brown is the color of the power wire for that circuit.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
do the hazards work properly?

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
The rear side markers go on but nothing in front bumper nor side markers only when i hit the turn signal lever they go on and don't blink

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor