Parking light foam gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've lost the 2 foam\rubber gaskets that go around the parking light sockets for my 85SS during my resto. Basically the bulb just falls out now. Does any one know what they are called or part #? Thinking of going to the wreckers and searching, but they are all closed here because of Covid. Thanks

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've lost the 2 foam\rubber gaskets that go around the parking light sockets for my 85SS during my resto. Basically the bulb just falls out now. Does any one know what they are called or part #? Thinking of going to the wreckers and searching, but they are all closed here because of Covid. Thanks
Light socket gasket? I found these...
You might check OPGI.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just an FYI, the above listed tail seals may be too big. Not sure, but maybe. Tail lamp sockets still used the 1156/7 style of sockets, but not sure if they changed the size depending on front or rear socket thickness. Probably worth the price to see if they do what you want them to do.

If you can't find suitable gaskets, the socket comes with them preinstalled.

I had GM part numbers for the sockets somewhere. Just got to find them.

Aha! Found the mofos. For Monte and Monte SS, Socket- GM p/n 12013813 for the front parking light/turn signal. 2 per car. ACDelco p/n LS8. Gasket is included. Most G-bodies used this socket assembly. Can also be used for some tail lights, but not for your Monte SS. It uses 12003757 sockets for those, ACDelco p/n LS6. They kinda go sideways and lock in with a push in tab.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor