Part # for efe valve gasket(s) 83 olds 307 y code ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim83

Apprentice
Mar 21, 2018
I managed to get an in box nos efe valve - but no gaskets. Please if you know the part # s for the flat 2 hole side & does the "cone" side use a gasket, if so the p/n for that also. Azone, orielly , napa etc dont stock them so can't do an eye match.

Trying to get everything possible before starting the job. Thank You!!!

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My original exhaust had no gasket between the EFE and the exhaust manifold. If I recall correctly, the EFE has a raised 'cone' in the casting where the flared end of the Y-pipe tube mates.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM p/n 22526988

OR you can try FelPro 60771

Looks something like this below. Goes between valve and exhaust manifold (flat side of EFE valve). As previously stated, the lower pipe uses the conical side to seal. Sometimes if the cone seal area is a bit pitted, you can always smear some exhaust sealer paste on it before bolting up the exhaust.

s-l225.jpg

EFE valve shown upside down.
E1089.JPG

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor