Part Number for Electrical Terminals in C100 Bulkhead Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
Hi all:

Looking for part number for electrical terminals in the c100 bulkhead for a 1985 el camino with LG4.

I have my original fuse box and a donor bulkhead connector for the power/ignition/choke, etc. However, I need to repin the donor bulkhead and need to order the correct part number for the male terminals. Looks like the electrical terminals come in three ("3") different widths depending on the gauge of the wire. The largest wires (specified as 3.0 mm in the shop manual - somewhere between 8 and 10 gauge wire) look like they are using a standard male 1/4" spade terminal (which I believe is described as a Delphi/Packard 56 series unsealed male terminal. See: http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Product.aspx?pc=8917283

The linked terminal has a hook (my original terminals do not have this hook). I fear that these terminals will get stuck and make it difficult to separate the fusebox and bulkhead connector in the future.

Any help on the correct part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

PS I believe that the hook in the male terminal causes this type of tyerminal to be called a "split-tab terminal."

Last edited:

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I never knew GM used a different terminal for the bulkhead connection. Can you post a photo of the type you have ?
I redid most of the bulkhead in my 81 and I still have to redo the one in my wagon but they used the standard 56 and 59 terminals.
As far as 3 widths, again both of my cars only had 2. Thats the difference between the 56 and 59.

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
I have attached a pic showing the three different widths of terminals (at least it looks like three different widths of terminals by eye). I will get a caliper on the terminals later and confirm that we have three different widths. Ongoing story. Please wait for more detailed update.
C100_terminal_widths_pic.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor