part number for Rally Gauge Cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Anyone know the GM part number for the Rally Gauge Cluster (as opposed to the 'sweep' cluster) for the '80s Cutlass Supremes? There are many threads about doing the actual swap, I'm trying a different angle in actually finding one of these things

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
popeye1978 said:
Anyone know the GM part number for the Rally Gauge Cluster (as opposed to the 'sweep' cluster) for the '80s Cutlass Supremes? There are many threads about doing the actual swap, I'm trying a different angle in actually finding one of these things
25016635 is the part number from my rallye gauge cluster out of a 1979. 25044702 is part number for my rallye gauge cluster out of a 1985. The circuit board has the same part number on both...25016634...the 78-88 rallye cutlass clusters all interchange, the difference was basically minor differences of the lettering & the 78-79 cluster doesn't have km/h in the background, etc.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
What are you meaning by "finding one of these"?
If you are looking for a new one they are obsolete from GM, if anything you may get lucky and find an NOS fuel/temp gauge.
Also, 99.999% of these that come up for sale the seller does not post the part number.
I am a bit confused.
I have a very rare 120MPH gauge cluster out of an '87 442 if you are looking for one...

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
There are also variations depending on whether or not it was used with a column shifter or not. Column-shift cars had the PRNDL indicator like the one I put in my car.

84-Cutlass-gauges.jpg

Here is a cluster for a floor-shift car; no PRNDL in the tach.

927x480_OldsRally1.jpg

Then, of course, with the PRNDL clusters, there are variations for 3-speed automatics and 4-speed automatics which adds the OD; PRNOD-D-2-1. When I swapped my 200C trans for a 2004R, I swapped clusters again to match.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
MeanBuicks said:
There are also variations depending on whether or not it was used with a column shifter or not. Column-shift cars had the PRNDL indicator like the one I put in my car.

84-Cutlass-gauges.jpg

Here is a cluster for a floor-shift car; no PRNDL in the tach.

927x480_OldsRally1.jpg

Then, of course, with the PRNDL clusters, there are variations for 3-speed automatics and 4-speed automatics which adds the OD; PRNOD-D-2-1. When I swapped my 200C trans for a 2004R, I swapped clusters again to match.
Daaang, is that 52k original miles?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I just missed out on one of these clusters from forum member 'Chicknhead' due to an e-bay dumbass wanting an immediate return. but he comes up on them from time to time so put him on watch too

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
RustRocket said:
Daaang, is that 52k original miles?
My Cutlass has over 100,000 miles actually. I'd have to look back at the odometer from my original cluster and add about 10,000 miles to that. The 52,000 is where this cluster was at when I installed it. I just didn't jack with the odometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor