Parts flipping must be a sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hmmm. This got sold a week or so ago from Maryland or some place like that for about 70 bucks. SAME EXACT PART. Recognized the box writing. Parts flipper for sure. Can't hate, it's a good business move. If you need one and want one, be prepared to dig deep. I'm surprised nobody's figured out how to fix the boards on these things yet. THAT's where the real money would be.

Earlier sale of the same part. Probably hasn't even arrived at the new seller's house yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Saw this awhile back...

Have alot going on personally right now and forgot to post it.

I recognize the current sellers username, he deals in alot of NOS stuff.

Reactions: 5 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
There's people that do it everywhere with anything. See it all over around here. Funny one are the guys who buy something, hold for a week, post it back up and sell for like $25 more. If you were moving volume yea there's a gain there, but like 2 things a month maybe... not worth my time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Hmmm. This got sold a week or so ago from Maryland or some place like that for about 70 bucks. SAME EXACT PART. Recognized the box writing. Parts flipper for sure. Can't hate, it's a good business move. If you need one and want one, be prepared to dig deep. I'm surprised nobody's figured out how to fix the boards on these things yet. THAT's where the real money would be.

Earlier sale of the same part. Probably hasn't even arrived at the new seller's house yet.

Thats the exact part i was looking for in a previous post. For $230 bucks my wife can ride on the hood with a windex bottle.

• Haha
  • Useful
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
For years I wondered if there was anyone out there that successfully reconditions the boards. It's good to see that someone does it, and within reason.
Thanks for the information Kevin.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Saw this awhile back...

Have alot going on personally right now and forgot to post it.

I recognize the current sellers username, he deals in alot of NOS stuff.
This is exactly what's needed in the genre for these RPO CD4 delay wipers. Every "era" has its issues with getting good, workable delay wiper junk. Good to see someone is willing to work on them. I'm betting there's a guy in NC that does GM truck gage repair could probably tackle these too, but I never asked him. Good to know, I got the site listed as a "favorite" of mine now.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Thats the exact part i was looking for in a previous post. For $230 bucks my wife can ride on the hood with a windex bottle.
naked? acting as a hood ornament?

1669940685313.png

• Haha

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's amazing to think how many of those who are bidding on it actually was watching it before & blew off the cheaper price. But I'm going to guess the new seller is just jacking up the price to cover his original purchase price, shipping & taxes paid, new listing fees, the 10% sellers fee, his cost of the listed free shipping, packing materials, time it took to but it, list it, repack it, take it to the the post office or who ever is the shipper, time it took to plan out buying it to sell it. So as long as he makes over $500 he should just break even.
Hustling Scrooge Mcduck GIF

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hey, at least he can deduct the $70 initial investment from his profits for 2022 taxes which will show up on his 1099-K next year.

I think it hasn't hit people just yet. I want to see the crying and surprised looks when it does.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor