Passenger/Driver's Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
My 84 GP has problems with the windows after I replaced the seals:

Driver's window is tipped out, but it was adjusted because it rattled when halfway down very badly.

Passenger window will tip either way depending and won't seat level when all the way up.

What would be the best way to fix them?

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
There are adjustments every which way for the glass. I would suggest getting a used GM body manual (called Fisher body) for the 84, but for this problem, any year would work probably. Has pictures and steps to take. I have an 84 manual available for $19. [email protected]

gmachinz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2005
Des Moines, IA
If you replaced the window felts, you might have to adjust the felt sweeps in toward the car a bit. There are two-they are held onto the top of the door shell by 13mm bolts. It's basically just a metal brackets with felt around it to smoothly guide the window up during its travel. At the very base of the door glass where it is bolted to the scissor lift assembly, there are slotted alignment holes which can raise/lower the glass itself too. You don't need an assembly manual, just take your door panel of completely and watch how the window travels up/down. You'll learn more by watching that than looking at the assembly manual. The sliding guides at each end of the door shell also aid in keeping the glass aligned as the mechanism travels up/down. Those guides can be moved forward/backward also to alter the pitch of the glass. This is a good time to liberally grease the entire mechanism-this really extends the life of window motors if so equipped. Asssembly manuals help identify parts but you need to watch how the components work together too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor