Passenger floorboard light wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
I pulled the dash to install a dash cover and had to cut the passenger footwell courtesy light. It is two wires, an orange and a white. These wires appear to be double insulated. Once you cut through the color insulation jacket there is a second layer of clear on both these wires. Anyone know why?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It just seems to be the wire of choice on our generation. A good repair with my preferred uninsulated butt connector covered with a shrink tube will do fine.

Reactions: 1 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Why? Can't answer that.

On a GM wiring diagram this wire is marked "(PVC+NYL)".

There are 3 places this wire is used.

Two in the number 40 circuit (fused but not switched) orange on the inside of the car. One side of the courtesy lights both the orange and white wire that grounds through the door switches, I think it is the passenger side it is not clear on the diagram. Why only one side? No idea.

The black wire to the under hood light (circuit 40).

The tan w/white stripe brake pressure warning switch wire to the proportioning valve (circuit 33).

I see no other wires marked like this. There are other notations like "(SXL)" on some of the under hood wires that actually cross the engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Okay thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor