passenger rear door vent window

Is the pivot stud on your passenger rear door vent window broken?

• Yes, snapped like a twig.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, works just like driver side.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
You 2-door guys don't know how lucky you are. Not only do your inside panels come off easy, you are also spared these vent windows in the rear doors that you don't have. My '83 Malibu has some odd corrosion along the bottom trim (or some kind of glue?), and the bottom pivot stud is snapped on the passenger side. I was happy to find what looked like a good pair on an '84 Cutlass at the local Pick-N-Pull.

So I get them home and notice that the bottom pivot stud is snapped on the passenger side, just like mine:
DSC00996.JPG

So I examine the mechanisms to see if I can spot anything different, passenger vs driver side. Passenger side on the left:
DSC00995.JPG

Now I suppose I could disassemble, figure out how to re-attach the pivot stud to the window, figure out how to get the thing in without destroying the rubber seal, and then install the spring and nut with less tension like the driver side. Or I could leave it the way it is, so I can remove the passenger vent when I lock myself out of the car (and so any passerby who is crazy enough and figures it out can take the car or anything inside).

So .... my sample is two out of two. I'm wondering how common this is.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Like the other thread, I have seen this before. I would replace the window with the busted stud, if you can find one. You could try and remove the glass and weld the stud. In any case, clean off the corrosion, loosen up the nut so the glass opens easy and keep it tight enough so it doesn't blow shut under speed.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I posted in your other thread...if you're having trouble finding a vent window I have access to a pair here. Car is an 81 Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor