Passenger remote mirror WAGON/4 DOOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Did wagons or 4 doors ever have a option for a sport remote mirror?

Last edited:

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Absolutely. It is not a very common option on the 78-88 A/G body models. It is also one of the most useless options as they never hold their position after the door is opened and closed. My 87 GN had it (I installed a non remote in place of it) and my 78 Malibu has it as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I removed mine and replaced it with a non-remote mirror for the reasons gnvair pointed out

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
I Know couples did already. My question is for wagons or 4 doors

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
They mount to the door exactly the same. The cable goes through the wire bellows to the body, across the back of the dash to the lower right corner of the gauge pod. Given that amount of work, and the 40-year old loose guts in a boneyard unit, a fixed one may make more sense.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I have a set on my 1981 El Camino SS .It may be a source to look at .And my doesnt have any issues.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
They mount to the door exactly the same. The cable goes through the wire bellows to the body, across the back of the dash to the lower right corner of the have pod. Given that amount of work, and the 40-year old loose guts in a boneyard unit, a fixed one may make more sense.

I had a hard enough time removing everthing, I would never think of putting one in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor