REGAL Passenger Side Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
I’m using a 2 bar map sensor in stock truck manifold location. I had originally bought a 3 bar but the tuner said it wasn’t necessary under 29psi, and he said it’s a lot easier to tune the 2 bar. I got the AC Delco 12615136

Reactions: 1 user

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Oh sorry, I read that wrong! I’m not using a boost controller, just running off the wastegate.

Well I would suggest it, no need to reinvent the wheel. You will want to control when the boost comes on. Not just hammer it all down and puke the rods out of the motor.

BuickBroke$

Greasemonkey
Aug 4, 2018
Phoenix AZ
Can you suggest a particular one? I definitely have considered this.
Also how do you control the tune with one of these, my tuner said it will be a different tune as you go up in boost, I would assume it works both ways?

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Can you suggest a particular one? I definitely have considered this.
Also how do you control the tune with one of these, my tuner said it will be a different tune as you go up in boost, I would assume it works both ways?

I would suggest checking out our savory, Matt Happel. He has some great videos on boost control. I am using a Holley TerminatorX so boost control is built in. I think on the factory harness you will need to buy a separate controller.

Also, the tune should adjust for the boost levels. I think you need a new tuner, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor