Passenger window wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2022
Oregon
When I got my el Camino, both windows worked as they should, but out of nowhere, the passenger one stopped working. I tested it and there’s no power to switch or the window motor, anyone know what could be my issue?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
When I got my el Camino, both windows worked as they should, but out of nowhere, the passenger one stopped working. I tested it and there’s no power to switch or the window motor, anyone know what could be my issue?
I'm assuming Driver Door works? Used to happen alot, even on the new cars. Make a jumper and connect to the switch, see if it works now. If switch and motor good, then most likely it's in the wire coming from the body and into the door. The wire breaks after repeated opening and closing of the door. Does the door speaker work and no static? Any recent work under or behind dash, such as HVAC or radio work? You will have to trace starting at the relay. Assuming driver door no issues... Then it's not the power relay or fuse, the issue will localize in pass door. If driver door also not working, then check power relay and circuit to and from relay. Always check grounds as well. Connectors get rusty and then circuits fail. At the dealership I made about a 20 foot jumper with alligator clip on one end and probe on other end. You would be amazed of what comes from factory not working, or fails first 6 months of new car. The cause was usually something preventable like connectors not completely connected, wires bent or pinched, insulation cut, scraped off, or missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Apr 9, 2022
Oregon
I'm assuming Driver Door works? Used to happen alot, even on the new cars. Make a jumper and connect to the switch, see if it works now. If switch and motor good, then most likely it's in the wire coming from the body and into the door. The wire breaks after repeated opening and closing of the door. Does the door speaker work and no static? Any recent work under or behind dash, such as HVAC or radio work? You will have to trace starting at the relay. Assuming driver door no issues... Then it's not the power relay or fuse, the issue will localize in pass door. If driver door also not working, then check power relay and circuit to and from relay. Always check grounds as well. Connectors get rusty and then circuits fail.
The window is the only electronics going to the door besides one wire for the door popper, I’ll check the door sill wires though, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor