Paypal and 1099k's

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Our government using in "Emergency" situation as a guise to pass legislation that hurts the American people in a way TOTALLY UNRELATED to the emergency itself? You don'y say???

And yes, use cash. Keep cash alive. It's critical for your privacy and freedom.
Just don’t travel with too much of it. If you’re stopped with a lot of cash the government uses loopholes to seize it. It will be up to you to prove you’re not up to no good with it to get it back.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Well, you could find a Hurst Olds/Cutlass guy to let those parts live on and get a little cash or beer for the exchange 😀

Nov 4, 2012
Wanted to bring this thread back for a minute. Now that PayPal rules have changed, are F&F transactions exempt or will they still require a 1099?

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Good question. Is Venmo being held to the same rules and regs as PP? Either way, I guess it's cash and carry from here on...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wanted to bring this thread back for a minute. Now that PayPal rules have changed, are F&F transactions exempt or will they still require a 1099?
AFAIK, the 1099K will be applicable for items or taxable services sold. F&F transactions where you are simply getting money from someone for a loan payback, or gift, or other non-taxable event is exempt. Additionally, any money YOU send to someone doesn't affect you no matter which way you send it. It's just those that receive money via 3rd party "brokers" of sorts.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Paypal has repeatedly emailed me (auto generated) that I need to enter my TIN # or be locked out of certain account features.

I haven't put my TIN # in and still have not got locked out of anything?

However I also have not done +$600 total of goods & services transactions this year so....

But F&F from my understanding does not count toward the 1099k.

Reactions: 1 user

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
Paypal has repeatedly emailed me (auto generated) that I need to enter my TIN # or be locked out of certain account features.

I haven't put my TIN # in and still have not got locked out of anything?

However I also have not done +$600 total of goods & services transactions this year so....

But F&F from my understanding does not count toward the 1099k.
I've gotten the same request to enter my TIN. I put my SSN in and seems to have satisfied PP

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
PayPal comes asking for any darnfangled ID for them there revenuers ima tell em GIT OFF MY LAWN!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor