PC application for wire diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Currently re-wiring parts of a 41 Chevy with my sons. We have been keeping detailed notes on paper of what color wire we are using for each circuit. I would like to take the original wire diagram, scan it into the PC and color code all the wires. This way I could print a copy for each of my kids while we work on the car. They are learning to wire and having the colors in the diagram would help them allot.

Have any of you used a application to do this?

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
In the past I have forced MSExcel to do this function. In MSExcel you can easily draw lines then customize colors of each line. Adfitionally, you csn radily draw boxes, circles, ellipses, etc. It worked for me.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
You can use Microsoft Power Point as well. It has a lot of options for shapes and lines needed to draw circuits.

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge

I've used this website a few times when dealing with customers at work.

I don’t see why you couldn't use it for an as built wiring schematic generator or sorts. It has alot of more electronic based devices but really any wiring for a 41 chev should be simple enough for this.

If anything else its just a fun website to play with.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor