PerformanceOnline.com Brake kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
Does anyone have experience with this vendor and their drop spindle and 13inch brake kit combos? I've run a few searches and haven't come up with anything. Seems like a good deal but I'd like to know what calipers they use so I'll know what pads to get in the future. The site says they're 38mm dual piston aluminum corvette calipers but doesn't give a generation corvette. I think they might be C4 but I really don't know. I've sent them an email asking these questions and I'll update the thread if I get an answer. It would also be nice to know if their spindle will work with Kore3 brackets for a C5 upgrade if I ever want to do that.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i have no experience with this kit from this company.
but i do have experience with this company and it was all negative. i'll put that aside and try to help you.
the pics of this kit look very much like the pics of kit i bought from them for my 66 belair. 13in drilled and slotted rotors, pbr type calipers, etc. they are not c4 but look a lot like them.
i would ask a lot of questions. who's drop spindles are they using? does your track width change, if it does, are your wheels going to fit? do the drop spindles change your turning radius? where do you get replacement parts from? do you get a list of parts and the vehicles they come from so you can get replacement parts? does the kit come with detailed instructions? are all of the parts in stock? today! if any parts are on back order, don't buy. you don't want an incomplete kit and you don't want to pay shipping to return the partial kit they sent you.

if you don't have to have the drop spindles, i would look at this kits from flynbye.com. ed has been doing this for over 15 years, he's on the third and forth gen camaro forums and the monte ss forum. I've heard he's hard to get ahold of, but his product is solid. here is an example.

or kore3 has a killer kit. tobin is great to deal with and knows his stuff.

or build your own. i built my first kit 15 years ago using c4hd brake parts. i built my second kit using c5 parts.
lots of great people on here with the knowledge and willingness to help.

Reactions: 1 users

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the info. Those are all really good questions that I’ve been trying to work out. I’m not sure if I’ll want drop spindles yet. I plan on doing a UMI stage 2 kit and will probably go with the 2in drop springs for now. If I want more I can always get coil overs or drop spindles later. I do want to do brakes soon though so I’m trying to decide what I want to go with. The blazer big brake upgrade is nice but I’d prefer the go the c5 route I think and I like the kore3 blazer kit. I drive the car at least once a week if the weather in nice and I want to auto-x also. Thanks for the info on flynbye.com.

Last edited:

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Bigbrakeupgrade.

Attachments

• 20190817_235153.jpg
    20190817_235153.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 252

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
looks good but you can tweak the frame with having the stands at the end of the frame with the weight of the engine and transmission installed
as right as you are, check the photo again. in this case, the frame is boxed.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
as right as you are, check the photo again. in this case, the frame is boxed.

I was thinking more about the front rails.....we had a boxed frame, a front hoop and 3 down bars on each side in the front and the right front rail would still move up in the corner in our G body circle track car. I don't beleive GM used real steel in our frames...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Well very shortly that frame is going back under the body. Hopefully no issues... :blam:

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I have *almost* that exact set up, with zero miles, just has been installed once and taken back off. Wilwood hubs, stoptech cryo rotors, hawk pads, belltech spindles, tinken bearings, reman C5 calipers I would ship to a forum member for $800 (or meet around MI) I paid over 1500$ for all the stuff at wholesale.

Need it gone.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Bobbystill

Apprentice
Mar 24, 2019
Update on the POL kit. Their customer service says they are C4 grand sport calipers and the spindles are made by western chassis and "should not alter track width". I've got an inquiry in to their tech department to see if they can confirm that the spindles don't change track width or steering geometry. Western Chassis is popular on the S10 forums as an alternative to belltech. I'm assuming these spindles are just their Blazer C4 spindles. If that's the case, I could upgrade them to C5 if I wanted. I'm not racing this car, just want upgraded brakes and I'd like to do it while I'm doing the suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor