Picked up another heap today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
I know, I know... it's a Ford.... boooo....

Actually it's one of the few Fords that I really like. I'm not going to lie, she's a bit tender... but I got it for so cheap I couldn't say no.

rQEOK7r.jpg
HRxNIYu.jpg

Good lord, look at all those leaves
6c5aCb6.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Tender...that's polite phrasing.

I know you have a plan already. Fill us in?

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston

Well I've been working on more movies recently. My plan is to use it as a movie car, so i'll honestly just jury rig it to be able to move under it's own power and give it a good smear of bondo and a fluff'n'buff paint job... as long as it looks pretty and can drive off the trailer and on to set, I'm golden.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
[

i like that comment, can you come to my next meeting with the HR dept ?

back to the car , thinking you could make it work as a set car.......... why do I see some guy sliding across the hood ?

Dave

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Remember Used Cars? A friend of mine from back East rented them the yellow Belvedere that was used in the movie.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Well I got the lights and turn signals working, and the starter is getting juice, just not enough to kick over. At least I know how I'm going to wire it...

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
So... wow this car is a bit of a handful, lol. Been tinkering with it for a bit and here's what's been accomplished:

Checked the radiator; empty. clamped all the hoses and such, filled it with water... starts pouring out of the engine... I take a look... friggin freeze plug is missing! Ran to auto zone and grabbed a rubber expansion plug, plugged it up... try second time, water starts pouring out other side of the engine... ANOTHER freeze plug gone :mad:. Mind you, both were directly behind the motor mounts, the worst possible spot. Finally got everything sealed up after the correct sequence of curse words had been uttered.

Realize rear brake lines are not hooked up to master cylinder. Rectify situation by plugging the port with a bolt. who needs rear brakes?

Stole an engine oil dipstick from my Granada... realize there is no oil in the engine... probably shouldn't have been cranking it, lol.

Fixed loose radiator with the power of zipties! Huzzah!

Straightened out the rat-nest of wiring enough to get most of the wiring harness working.. the parts that count anyway. Wired in a GM HEI ignition module. Squirt some starting fluid... sputters when cranked but dies when in 'run' position... realize that someone F***ed with the wiring harness to the point of no return.

Notice not only is the carburetor accelerator pump toast, but that the idle circuits seem to be entirely clogged. The fuel filter also is jammed with bits of rust.. realize quickly that the gas tank is completely f***ed.

Replaced carb with an edelbrock that was in my garage, replace fuel filter, run gas lines directly from a 5gal gas can. Finally with gas being fed from an IV, and the ignition hot-wired to the battery she came to life!!

Of course, went to try to drive it... didn't go into gear. I imagine the transmission is prolly bone dry, but of course theres no goddamn dipstick tube so i have to figure out where to fill it from :blam:.

SO, today I'm going out there, revitalized and ready to get greasy, intent on getting this rusty sumbitch moving under it's own power! Wish me luck.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Wow. Previous owner really wanted you to work for this one.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
amazing what a $75 set of wheels and a quick wash can do...

sq0rjeF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor