BUILD THREAD Picked up another one. 82 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I broke my rule of not starting another project while not having the first one finished. A buddy of mine was selling this Regal so I had to buy it. Has a Buick 455, TH400 and a horrible granny rear end. Ironically enough the corvette rallies on it came off my wrecked 83 SS. I sold em, the guy who bought em sold them to my buddy and he put them on here.

I just so happened to have picked up a rusted out 87 aerocoupe a few weeks back to pull the back glass as a spare window for my aerocoupe that im building. Well that car is completely rusted but it is very low miles and has a 3.73 posi rear in it that will find it's way into the Regal. Should be a fun work beater!

Plan is to put a shift kit in, possibly switch it to a floor shifter just for fun and throw in the 3.73 posi rear. It may be for sale around tax time. I'm looking for a set of front and rear bumper fillers. Quality doesn't matter as long as they aren't cracked or broke.
20161024_143452.jpeg

20161024_143438.jpeg

20161024_221822.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I probably would have adopted it as well....

Nice score!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
can't go wrong with a regal! ;)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Well this project was short lived. I paid $1500 for the car and got an offer for $3000 12 days later. Not bad for only doing an oil change to it. It was a fun daily driver for that time but it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Well this project was short lived. I paid $1500 for the car and got an offer for $3000 12 days later. Not bad for only doing an oil change to it. It was a fun daily driver for that time but it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

It's hard to beat doubling your money for doing an oil change and cleaning up the car a bit. Are you gonna try to find another car or put that money into your Aerocoupe?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
It's hard to beat doubling your money for doing an oil change and cleaning up the car a bit. Are you gonna try to find another car or put that money into your Aerocoupe?
More than likely I'll just save it for a house or a shop. I used money out of my savings for it so I figure it's gotta go back. I did think about using the $3k to buy another car or truck that I could potentially flip for quite a bit more. We will see what comes up for sale around me. I always have my eyes out.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
More than likely I'll just save it for a house or a shop. I used money out of my savings for it so I figure it's gotta go back. I did think about using the $3k to buy another car or truck that I could potentially flip for quite a bit more. We will see what comes up for sale around me. I always have my eyes out.

I've been trying to get into flipping cars myself. I can't keep my truck together long enough to tow one home right now.

I bet you were pretty happy with that offer.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Yea considering I didn't have to do anything like pretty it up or do any of the work I was planning on when I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor