Pink wire under hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyadkins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2016
im assuming this pink wire under the hood of my 85 monte ss is some sort of an ignition wire. Like a switched 12v. I got the red and purple ones run to the starter but I'm stumped. I've got a street fire hei distributor that I want to wire up. I have a 2-pin connector that has a green and red wire coming out. Green for tach and red for power. My question is this. Can I splice this distributor power into the wires that run to my starter? Or do I just cut and butt connect the pink and red wire to my distributor? Or neither? Help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,055

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Pink is almost always the tach wire. Looking at the pic, yep that is the factory HEI tach wire. You can splice that into the one you have, or just put a spade connector onto the tach wire and shove it in the distrubutor.

timmyadkins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2016
Pink is almost always the tach wire. Looking at the pic, yep that is the factory HEI tach wire. You can splice that into the one you have, or just put a spade connector onto the tach wire and shove it in the distrubutor.

My man. Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

pink is the power wire to the distributor, the wire for the tach is brown

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
pink is the power wire to the distributor, the wire for the tach is brown
sh*t. My bad. Follow this guy on this one. Got my info mixed up. :p

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
if you get mixed up at your age what are you going to do when you get to be as ancient as me...:cool:
Hell I'll be lucky if I can remember what key does what.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hell I'll be lucky if I can remember what key does what.

If you jam the key in hard enough they will all do everything... I've had some older relations stick keys in upside down and still manage to start their 84 celebrity....

So you'll be a.o.k.!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor