Pink Wire ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Congrats! I didn't know you were using a Demon but the concept is the same. Now for some history: Way back in the early '70's when emissions experimentation caused the same run-on condition- GM used - a solenoid! Yes, it mounted exactly as yours does and did the same thing. It held open the throttle just enough for a good idle and shut it tight to stop the engine. This was a particular issue on the 250 Chevy straight six. I scrounged up one of those to fix an elderly lady neighbor's '65 Wildcat which had high compression and lots of carbon build up. It worked great and saved the car for her as her "mechanic" had thrown the towel in. I agree- locate that fuse right at the fuse block.

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I think all of this could have been avoided just by installing a bigger big block.;)

I only wish that I had the money to build a whole new engine.
I think that a nice working 540 would fill my needs and still not overpower the rest of the drivetrain.
Guy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I only wish that I had the money to build a whole new engine.
I think that a nice working 540 would fill my needs and still not overpower the rest of the drivetrain.
Guy
I figured if you had the money you could just squeeze in a 1005.8 CI in there.
1211phr-01-the-biggest-big-block-on-the-planet-1005ci-engine.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Thanks for the compliment.
For now the fuse will have to stay where it is,my patience level has been reached.
So you are coming to Nova Scotia next week,whereabouts are you going to be ??
Tell me you are going to the car show in Yarmouth LOL
Guy

I would go in a minute. We leave Yarmouth on the ferry on return. Going to see tides at Bay of Fundy, going to Guysborough where Dad's family is and then Sydney where Mom was from. Looking forward to it. I am planning on keeping track of all the G Bodies I see

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I figured if you had the money you could just squeeze in a 1005.8 CI in there.
1211phr-01-the-biggest-big-block-on-the-planet-1005ci-engine.jpg

I'm not quite sure if I could that one past the wife,I bet it's very big bucks LOL
Looks like it would be a tight fit too.
Guy

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Congrats! I didn't know you were using a Demon but the concept is the same. Now for some history: Way back in the early '70's when emissions experimentation caused the same run-on condition- GM used - a solenoid! Yes, it mounted exactly as yours does and did the same thing. It held open the throttle just enough for a good idle and shut it tight to stop the engine. This was a particular issue on the 250 Chevy straight six. I scrounged up one of those to fix an elderly lady neighbor's '65 Wildcat which had high compression and lots of carbon build up. It worked great and saved the car for her as her "mechanic" had thrown the towel in. I agree- locate that fuse right at the fuse block.

Actually they used 2 types of solenoids, one, you had to touch gas for it to extend and the other was actually powerful enough to open the throttle making for some scary seconds when you had the car in gear and it was misadjusted

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I would go in a minute. We leave Yarmouth on the ferry on return. Going to see tides at Bay of Fundy, going to Guysborough where Dad's family is and then Sydney where Mom was from. Looking forward to it. I am planning on keeping track of all the G Bodies I see

I'm not familiar with Guysborough,but I do know Sydney pretty good.
My Dad was from Louisbourg and we had family in Sydney,Westmount and Louisbourg area.
I have gone back there several times over the years,one of my older cousins and I have stayed close.
If you are going through the Annapolis Valley area I live in Kentville.
We will be gone to the car show in Yarmouth Friday to Sunday.
Guy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
2,100 horsepower N/A so yeah :eek:

That's a bit over 2 HP per cubic inch,very impressive indeed !!!
My old Doug Nash wouldn't hold up to that very long LOL
Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor