Pink Wire ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
IMG_0302.JPG

The pink wire in front,what is it used for ??
And can I use it to power a throttle solenoid I want to put on my carb ??
Guy

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I don't know specifically other than ignition on. Are you using the solenoid for a HVAC step up? or to prevent a dieseling issue?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I don't know specifically other than ignition on. Are you using the solenoid for a HVAC step up? or to prevent a dieseling issue?

Yes I want to prevent "run on".
I can turn the idle speed down low enough so it dosent run on,but then it wont idle.
If I turn the idle speed up so it idles I get run on.
So I am looking for an ignition on power source to power the Holley solenoid that I have.
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thats the hot wire to the distributor.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Thats the hot wire to the distributor.

I agree MrSony.

I would go to fuse block and run a fused ignition on to the solenoid. But, perhaps I would rule out all causes of dieseling first.....
Mileage on engine?
What engine?
Modifications?
Fuel you are running?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Try this- do you have AC? Is there an AC fast idle solenoid on the carb? If not you can scrounge one up. If so you can wire it to your switched ignition circuit, then adjust it so that when energized it will keep the engine running at the right idle rpm, then when de-energized, it relaxes and allows the throttle to shut totally. The engine will stop. Don't use the pink wire- it is for the spark only. The cause is probably carbon build up in the combustion chambers that glows hot enough to ignite the idle mixture. It should be removed mechanically which means pulling the heads off, or chemically with an additive. In the old days we would slowly drip a glass of water into the carb at a fast idle and the steam would cleanse the combustion chamber. Don't over do it as too much water can cause hydro-static lock- meaning broken engine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor