Pioneer CD player install:turns on and works fine but no sound ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

griz_83ho

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2006
Mendota, Il
just installed a DEH-p3600 unit in my turbo buick and trying to figure out why it turns on just fine and shows its playing the radio as well as a cd but no sound is coming out. Any idea on what wiring is wrong?

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I have the same problem on my 85 project. Let's hope someone can enlighten us. The Ides of March are upon us

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I had stock radio but it didn't work; tried to hardwire a different one to the stock harness and it didnt work either. Now I believe the stock radio does work and it's the same wiring issue as the op; I already hardwired the radio I'm trying to use to a set of speakers in the garage and got it to power on, so I know it's not the radio itself

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
When I installed mine I had the adapter for the harness and everything worked to my surprise. Couldnt believe all those old wires were up to the challenge and requirements of the upgrades but they were. I did clean and secure all the pin connecters in the harness before re connecting everything.
But now that Im upgrading again to all KICKER brand compenents, I am going to run all new wires instead of using the factory harness for the deck and install new speaker wire.
Is it possible your connection came loose either at the speaker connections or piched/shorted anywhere else? I know in my Monte the dash speakers are a B!+ch to get at, but I want everything upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor