Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty E

n00b
Apr 23, 2021
Good day to all, I need some help with front brake hoses for my 1979 El Camino. I did a lift on the front end and of course the hoses are too short. I ordered 2 different ones and they were both wrong. Was told they’ll work but nope. Has anyone lifted their G body and if so what lines did you use?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Try Jegs or Summit Racing.

One possible method might be to use banjo fittings at the calipers that come with -3 or -4 AN male ends. Then, at the drop bracket where the stock hose would otherwise be anchored and where the steel line gets attached to it, swap in a bulkhead fitting which is a double ended male -3 or -4 AN coupling that has also has a shoulder and thread c/w a nut that allows it to be slipped into the drop bracket hose hole and then the nut run down to lock it in place. After that take a measurement between the ends of the two fittings with the front end at full drop, and the wheels turned to full lock, add a inch or three more for slack, and visit your local Off road dealer to see what they have or can make. For the other side of the bulkhead fitting you can stay with the stock hard line but you would have to cut the old flare off and convert the line to an AN style single flare and use the matching sleeve and nut to match or you can take the big step and start changing everything over to single flare S/S line and use the appropriate fittings for all your connections. I mention this because, as soon as you start trying to disconnect OEM original brake lines, due to rust and corrosion seizing up the fittings, the steel tube has the tendency to self destruct. I just did a complete S/S A-N install on my Monte from the master cylinder proportioning valve to the rear axle rubber hose. That is going to get swapped out for Stainless asap as well. The fittings are not cheap and neither is the line; I bought mine in a bulk roll, but it is fairly easy to bend and shape to match the factory versions. Just a thought.

Nick

Ty E

n00b
Apr 23, 2021
Thanks for taking your time explaining the details, I’ll let you know how I make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor