Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Can anyone tell me what the following are on my 84 hurst
These were never marked when the car was disassembled
All are coming out from under brake booster…, I know one is for the alternator (I’m doing an ls swap so wondering also if I need that extra tail
Thank you
485714FF-351B-47F5-B54F-39A7528E1285.jpeg
726807A1-8A7A-4BFB-A09C-B17FE6012CAA.jpeg
4CC92099-005D-410D-A42F-C91D0710A6F8.jpeg
436AAFB7-AFCB-462A-BAE2-98B4666F9F8B.jpeg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
First one is the brake warning light from the proportioning valve , last one is the alternator.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
First one is the brake warning light from the proportioning valve , last one is the alternator.
Thank you… any idea on the others?
Also the new proportion valve doesn’t have a place for the switch does that mean I’m going to have a brake light constantly glowing

Thank you again

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The brake warning light will just not work for that function any more, It will still work for the E brake/Parking brake on warning.

Number 2 might be the under hood light but it looks way to short for that, is there more wire that I don't see? Or perhaps it is a ground for something?

Where is the 2 green wire connector? Pass or drivers side? where do the wires come from more detail would help.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
The brake warning light will just not work for that function any more, It will still work for the E brake/Parking brake on warning.

Number 2 might be the under hood light but it looks way to short for that, is there more wire that I don't see? Or perhaps it is a ground for something?

Where is the 2 green wire connector? Pass or drivers side? where do the wires come from more detail would help.
The second pic…. That wire is literally that short coming from the block of wires under the brake booster. The double green wire is also coming from under the brake booster and the connector on it is what I’m showing in that picture
The double green wire is also super long and can reach across the whole engine bay
Thank you for your help

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The dark green in the engine harness is usually only one wire and goes to the temperature sending unit (does your car have a gauge and a warning light?). I see other green wires that might be of interest on the diagrams, they go to a wide open throttle switch to turn off the A/C compressor at WOT but that shouldn't need to go into the car through those connectors, or a switch on the transmission.

Black from the lighting wiring harness is usually the under hood light you might see when and if that is +12V. The under hood light is on a fused non switched circuit so it should be hot with out the key. I have seen those little short wires like that, have a 72 that has a short wire like that it goes to another short wire in the other harness, never seen this on a G body though.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Yea that’s the thing. This isn’t the engine harness… this is coming from the driver side
Engine harness is out of the car
image.jpg

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
The dark green in the engine harness is usually only one wire and goes to the temperature sending unit (does your car have a gauge and a warning light?). I see other green wires that might be of interest on the diagrams, they go to a wide open throttle switch to turn off the A/C compressor at WOT but that shouldn't need to go into the car through those connectors, or a switch on the transmission.

Black from the lighting wiring harness is usually the under hood light you might see when and if that is +12V. The under hood light is on a fused non switched circuit so it should be hot with out the key. I have seen those little short wires like that, have a 72 that has a short wire like that it goes to another short wire in the other harness, never seen this on a G body though.
I don’t think I need the engine harness for ls so I removed it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor