please identify engine mount

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Is this welded engine mount for SBO or SBC? This is the engine bay of a 78 cutlass roller. I see low pressure fuel line, so whatever was in it was likely carbureted.

I should be able to grind that off I think.

Attachments

• cutlass10.jpg
    cutlass10.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 72

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Same. Unknown but possible came from factory with the v6 or the 260 olds v8. Most were yanked and swapped over to Olds 350 or Chevy 350. These are DYI made for solid mount and most likely for SBC.

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Same. Unknown but possible came from factory with the v6 or the 260 olds v8. Most were yanked and swapped over to Olds 350 or Chevy 350. These are DYI made for solid mount and most likely for SBC.
I'm sure the car is all hacked up if somebody put in solid motor mounts. They look well made, but WTF? Solid mounts with what rear? Guy started getting rude because I was asking questions about a $2800 roller 4 hours away... prolly not going to go see it, but the car looks nice.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The mounts are in the chevy spot but look high, perhaps it had a late model big block with a stock oil pan that requires some kind of modifications to fit.

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Depending on where you live, 2800 might not be bad for a good roller. I wouldn't let the mounts be a show stopper. With clear title you might even be able to flip it for 5k, ... Never know ... If me I would go look at it and negotiate from there. Around me right now I have about 5 rollers possible for around 1500 but right now too many other things going on.

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
The mounts are in the chevy spot but look high, perhaps it had a late model big block with a stock oil pan that requires some kind of modifications to fit.
I was wondering the same. The attachments look a little high. And maybe a little farther apart than small block, but hard to tell just by a photo. They do look well made so whomever created them did have skill. Summit has the plastic mock up blocks but for 400 USD I'll keep with my old 305 gutted block for mock up. The easiest would be put an empty block mounted to a trans shell and see how it fits, hood clearance, floor pan tunnel, Cross member... Etc...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor