PLEASE READ CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
I been a member on Gbodyforum for years ! for the first time on this site I been email already 2 times now in 2 days from 2 different users one I reported already and today is the second email attached is what i got in a private pm from the scammers

phillipgregor86 Hello man I know of someone who have a V6 buck 231 non electronic carburetor laying down in his garage in excellent condition shoot him a shot on [email protected] if you still interested in buying​

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DO NOT TRUST THEM ! they want you to zelle them money for parts they don't have its nothing but shady sh*t you will get ripped off i hope this helps us keep a safer forum

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
and have you noticed that they always join via Tapatalk?

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
and have you noticed that they always join via Tapatalk?
i don't even know what tapatalk is i guess ill have to look it up now lol

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Tapatalk is a smart phone app that allows you to access, read, and post to forums from your smart phone

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
Tapatalk is a smart phone app that allows you to access, read, and post to forums from your smart phone
that's why they are asking me to email them i get it now redirect me away from the forum

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know what tap-a-talk was either. I think I got someone asking about my stuff I posted. I'll have to double check.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
best thing to do is to post it here right away so everyone can see it and report it to gbodyforum so they can kick them and maybe block them

• Agree

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I have scammers coming on to me with everything from sales promotions to notices that I have received refunds or rebates and all I have to do is click on the link leading to..............................................the rabbit hole of doom.

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK!! i Don't, and I don't advise anyone else do it either. The more plausible or enticing it looks, the better that there is a 99.9 percentage chance or greater that it contains either a remote trojan, some kind of other malware or ransomware, or a phishing- .exe routine that is looking to harvest anything useful, names, private data or credit card numbers, and ship it out to the dark web for sale.

If you value your privacy and credit rating, record or save nothing of value to your phone or computer. If the software asks you if it can save your passwords, SELECT NO. For myself, mine are all written down on paper. It makes for bit of time lost and searching for the right pw but better that booting up the system only to find that some b*st*rd from North Korea or Iran has locked me out and is demanding a bitcoin ransom to let me have my system back. Borrowing from the Green Beanies, "Kill em all, the Devil knows his own."

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor