Plug Wires Trim or Leave Them Long ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Put the brackets on the crate motor. I think the cut down truck/van back brackets worked out well. Still not sure if Im going to leave the separators on the front two since theyre a little loose from age. Also not sure if Im using the double separators further back.
The one thing that Im not too happy about is the length of the wires. I know they have to have some slack for timing but theyre still kinda long. They dont look bad from the front but the back looks like a mess. What do you guys think ? Leave them or trim them for a nicer fit ?

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I always buy universal wires that only have the spark plug boot attached for that reason so I can trim to fit, I always found the model specific pre made ones never fit the way I want them to.
And if you do trim them make sure you use a nice crimper to install the new ends.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Also remember the wires might not be able to go rearward off the cap like they currently are because it might interfere with the wiper assembly movement.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Maybe I'll wait until its back in before I make the decision to cut them. Ive got the right crimper. I'll just need to buy the right terminals.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor