Plugs n Cap/Rotor

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Cuts

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2019
Los Angeles
Going to be tuning up the 87 Cutty. What’s the best suggestion for plugs and wires and caps/rotors.

The SBC’s can be notoriously temperamental right now I’m going AC Delco but any suggestions on the best plugs? I’m running R45TS on my 64 Chevy smallblock, how do the g body 305’s do with these hotter plugs? Are they compatible?

Also cap and rotor I’m thinking MSD. Any thoughts?

I’m an Impala SS owner btw. If you want to see real trauma go to impalassforum, those cars are beyond “special”

Any advice let me know! Thanks forum

🤜🤛

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Everyone has their experiences and opinions. Ive had good luck with Accel and Autolite, bad luck with ACDelco. Just don't get the off-brand, Amazon's Cheapest China Crap, and you should be okay.

As far as the plug temp, I had a choice of three temps.. I picked the middle one.

Your mileage may vary.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

87Cuts

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2019
Los Angeles
Everyone has their experiences and opinions. Ive had good luck with Accel and Autolite, bad luck with ACDelco. Just don't get the off-brand, Amazon's Cheapest China Crap, and you should be okay.

As far as the plug temp, I had a choice of three temps.. I picked the middle one.

Your mileage may vary.

-Gonz

Thank you for the words that’s what I needed to hear. 🤜🤛

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I ran the cheap China Ebay cap and rotor on my 307 and now on my 355 SBC, both ran well with this and they are actually nice quality with brass inserts.

Reactions: 2 users

87Cuts

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2019
Los Angeles
I ran the cheap China Ebay cap and rotor on my 307 and now on my 355 SBC, both ran well with this and they are actually nice quality with brass inserts.

I saw these but it kept saying “NOT A FIT” even though it says on the item it is. Just a mental thing, ended up going with ACCEL after reading some decent reviews. My cutty is going to be low n slow anyway 😁

Thanks brotha! 🤜🤛

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor