Plz help identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
How's everybody doing today? can anybody identify this part what I do know is some sort of vacuum connection I know the EGR valve hose goes to it and it comes off a 1980 Regal 3.8 any help would be greatly greatly appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_120408399.jpg
    IMG_20200702_120408399.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
How's everybody doing today? can anybody identify this part what I do know is some sort of vacuum connection I know the EGR valve hose goes to it and it comes off a 1980 Regal 3.8 any help would be greatly greatly appreciated thanks.
What’s up bro! I’ve been trying to find one of those for my 1982 regal as well. I think the name of them are Vacuum connection Block. It’s crazy cause I have been wanting to know information on that too. Can we just remove it and plug the lines directly to the EGR/EFE solenoid? I would like to replace it but I can’t find them anywhere. I could
Only find them for a later models. This what mine looks like.

Attachments

• 2B52277E-54BB-4679-BCBE-D72BFFD35767.jpeg
    2B52277E-54BB-4679-BCBE-D72BFFD35767.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2CDA6673-7CE7-4276-8828-31ED4FB51E05.jpeg
    2CDA6673-7CE7-4276-8828-31ED4FB51E05.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 137

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
Yeah bro I'm pretty sure we're sh*t out of luck I haven't found information on them anywhere. Obvious wrecking yards I've been to at least where I'm at in the Sacramento area all of them or pulled and it's hard to find shift for an 80 because they were one year specific. Does your Regal idle a little rough and stall out specially in the morning?that's what mine is doing I replaced everything had the carburetor rebuilt hoses everything but that's what mine's doing but it drives fine. I'm kind of scared about cutting them and then replacing all new hoses because I'm not sure if there's some kind of restrictor in that rubber block.

Reactions: 1 user

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Yeah bro I'm pretty sure we're sh*t out of luck I haven't found information on them anywhere. Obvious wrecking yards I've been to at least where I'm at in the Sacramento area all of them or pulled and it's hard to find shift for an 80 because they were one year specific. Does your Regal idle a little rough and stall out specially in the morning?that's what mine is doing I replaced everything had the carburetor rebuilt hoses everything but that's what mine's doing but it drives fine. I'm kind of scared about cutting them and then replacing all new hoses because I'm not sure if there's some kind of restrictor in that rubber block.
Yea bro the idle is a little rough. It does stall and feels rough, but I think I need to replace my catalytic converter too. I did the same, rebuilt my carburetor and changed out all new vacuum lines but that rubber. I’ve hit up multiple junk yards out here in southern Cali too and haven’t found anything. With mine I can smell the fumes coming out of there.

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
Yea bro the idle is a little rough. It does stall and feels rough, but I think I need to replace my catalytic converter too. I did the same, rebuilt my carburetor and changed out all new vacuum lines but that rubber. I’ve hit up multiple junk yards out here in southern Cali too and haven’t found anything. With mine I can smell the fumes coming out of there.
yeah you're right about the catalytic converter I was told something about that a while ago. Also occasionally especially when I back up I can smell fumes so I'm going to check into that also. What model is your carb is it the original Rochester dualjet 210? And did yours have a throttle position sensor?

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
yeah you're right about the catalytic converter I was told something about that a while ago. Also occasionally especially when I back up I can smell fumes so I'm going to check into that also. What model is your carb is it the original Rochester dualjet 210? And did yours have a throttle position sensor?
I'm just trying to make sure my sh*t passes smog! You ever had a problem smogging yours? I just bought mine about 8 months ago and slowly but surely been restoring it. I just barely got done with the body started on the of course with did the motor first. Deciding whether or not I want to replace the vinyl top or just go hard

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Yea it’s the original Rochester and yes it has the TPS. Hopefully someone can read your reply and come into the rescue. If not then I’m just gonna connect it directly to the EGR/EFE and see what happens

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
I'm just trying to make sure my sh*t passes smog! You ever had a problem smogging yours? I just bought mine about 8 months ago and slowly but surely been restoring it. I just barely got done with the body started on the of course with did the motor first. Deciding whether or not I want to replace the vinyl top or just go hard
No bro everything was good at smog it passed without any issues. But this was about a year ago now it’s starting to act up. I’ve had mine for a few years now and I just painted it and redid the vinyl top. I had some rust holes but had my guy fix them then they slapped the vinyl top again. It looks nice bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor