Poker Run Ohio Tristate Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam2fast4u86

Greasemonkey
Jan 8, 2009
SE Ohio
So there has been a few of us trying to get people together to hit some cruise ins in the Cincinnati area for a while now. It allways seems that schedules conflict etc and interest is bare so lets see if this gets any bites. We want to organize an all gbody poker run. For those of you who dont know what a poker run is here ya go-

A poker run is an organized event where participants, usually using motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, horses, or other means of transportation must visit five to seven checkpoints, drawing a playing card at each one. The object is to have the best poker hand at the end of the run. The event has a time limit, however the participants are not timed—winning is purely a matter of chance. Poker runs usually require a fee to enter and some for each additional hand; in some events a small part of the fee may go to funding the event, including the prizes, while the rest goes to the event's charity recipient or club treasury.In charity events usually most, if not all of the funds goes to the selected charity. Prizes, such as money, plaques, or merchandise donated by commercial sponsors of the event, are awarded for the best hand. Some runs will award smaller awards for lower hands or even the lowest hand.

We have not decided particulars yet but were thinking something like split the pot between the winning hand(s) and a charity like shriners etc. I want to try to gauge interest before I start mapping out locations. So is anybody interested?

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
You know I'm in!!

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Bump. We would really like to set this up. I know that there are g-body guys here in the area. We need to all meet up!

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I would like to also, we may have to take this to the west side to pull some of the Indiana G-Body guys since we can't get much interest from the Cincy G-Body guys. :(

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
You gotta get that Cutlass back on the road first.

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
Hopefully this weekend. Motor should be here today or tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
galeaiii said:
You gotta get that Cutlass back on the road first.
Dang it's quiet. Whats up? It's running just running warm close to hot. We need a new radiator but out of $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor