polishing pypes stainless exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
ive been running my pypes system for a year now and i love this exhaust it sounds great, but it looks like crap now. probably more my fault than anything, i never did anything when i got it to make it look good and have been driving the car daily, also got caught with my son being on the way all last year till december so doing anything with the car but driving it till now. less stress now that hes here so im doing more. whats the best way to go cleanin it up and polishing it? i was thinking about getting a coarse and fine scotch brite wheel for a bench grinder and also a buffing wheel for finishing. i started doing it by hand with 120-800 grit paper and scotch brite, but to get results near what i wanted it took almost 3 hours just on the exposed tail section of pipe. if im on th right track great but if there is a better way id love to know, its startin to get nice out and i want to get it lookin a little better. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor