Pontiacs w/o A/C need pictures of vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Looking for pictures of the vent panel/handles under the steering column of Pontiac G Body cars without A/C
I think it is different than other G Bodies, but I'm not sure.
Also looking to buy this part if anyone has it.
Thanks in advance

I converted my GP from a/c to non a/c here are some pics of the vents....
20150216_194151_zpst5aamotz.jpg

20150216_194201_zps24uwlvfd.jpg

20150216_194214_zpsxqucubtv.jpg

sorry for the dirty pics!

My '81 Malibu wagon was non-AC, had the same vents.

Great ,thanks! So it uses the same vent? Just need to remove the little swivel vent and slid in in the two pull handles?
I'm looking at an 80 Elky for a conversion.
Has a v6 3 speed manual and no heat.

I'm not sure if it's that easy. I think you will need a non-AC dash box to get it right. Those vents allow cowl air to go right down to the floor ducts. No heat? I've never seen that. No AC is common, but no heat?

Yeah....no A/C. Posting from my phone....not as easy as it used to be...
The El Camino has the correct glove box. I wasn't sure how the lower panel accepted the pull vents on the Poncho.
Doesn't appear to be an issue.

yeah, just remove the vent that was there and install the vent handles.. what sucks is that the only operational dash vents are the center ones the other 4,the other 2 on each side are inop....🙁 I ran no heater last year due to a leaking heater core and after a few cruises in cooler weather made me replace the core and now its nice to cruise in cooler weather! I'm going to add a shutoff valve to keep the heat out in the summer though.... OR I may remove it if I turbo it... also have a complete a/c kit I should install for complete creature comforts MAN so many decisions!!:blam:

Do these "conversions" differ from the factory non A/C panel that came with the Pontiac dash?
I'm wondering if the panel that the pull vents are installed in was different than the regular W/AC. panel with the horizontal swivel vent.
What about the other duct work behind the dash. Was it different for Pontiacs so the other round vents were functional?
Does anyone have a Pontiac G with no A/C from the factory?

I had one that I parted out. The under column panel as well as the glove box was the same. The knobs were chrome, not black as pictured above. There were also plugs in the back side of the little circle vents to the right of the glove box. There was no ducting that ran to them.

OK, Thanks again everyone. Sounds like I can make it work then.
I've been without power/heat for two days. Once I get that worked our, I'll concentrate on the Elky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor