HELP Pop trunk not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
I was unloading trailers the other day at work and my spare door key and only trunk key came off my karabiner but luckily I installed a pop trunk mechanism couple years back while unluckily it stopped working within the last couple months so now I can’t get in my trunk I got the button to work only 2 times since it’s been acting up I can hear it actuating in the trunk but it won’t open don’t know what to do here

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
One option is take out the back seat and work the trunk latch from there. Unless there is something big in the trunk that would block access to it.

KarateCrotch

Apprentice
Jul 30, 2020
Los Angeles
Thank you but I’m tryna trouble shoot the pop trunk mechanism and see what you guys think it could be would the wire have anything to do with it

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have you had someone push the button repeatedly while you pull up/push down on the decklid? It sounds like it is working if you hear it but there might be something wedged in there stopping it from popping up.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor