popping the forums c

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyduk1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2005
bellingham, ma
popping the forums cherry

Well it looks like i am the first poster for the el caminos. i have a 79 that had a 383 TPI but i blew it racing a NSX ( i did win by the way) on the highway about a year or two ago. I sanded the body down to just do a quick re spray but i found bondo and i sanded that down only to find rot. As of right now i am trying to fab up some patches for it so i can re- paint the car. As for the new motor i think i am going to build a turbo 6 (syclone / Typhoon 4.3l) and 700R4 with a 8.5 posi to replace the badly made 8.5 i had out of a camaro. Hope more people join the forum - chris

Gbodyolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
damn and I sold a mint low milage short block last month too bad I didnt know you needed one. I still have heads, timing cover, oil relocater, distributor, valve covers, some accessories, pullys, oil pan, balancer, motor mounts new in the box Comp cam from ATR if you need anything let me know I just may have it. or maybe you should just sell me your El Camino cheap :D

got any pics of the elkie ?

shadyduk1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2005
bellingham, ma
As of right now i do kinda have a 4.3l, its in my parents astro van. when they scrap it i will pull the motor out of it to re build it. chances are i will not built an actual cyclone/typhoon motor i will just turbo a 4.3. But, a motor is a long ways off i still have alot of cancer to deal with. i will have to see if i can find some pics before i tore her down but those are few and far between. - chris

80ECLT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2006
Wisconsin
I always wanted to put a 92-95 4.3 vortec CPI engine in my Camino. They look sweet!! :D It is just way cheaper to build a SBC. Plus I dont think the 4.3 blocks have the boss for the Shifter linkage stud i need to go along with my manual trans. :cry:

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
come on man there are some elky guys here (we both know the elkys are the best G body even though we are out numbered. lol.) body rot does suck. I try to ignore mine too but it kills me b/c it's an all season car that sees the salt.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I know i just posted but I want to put the TPI on my car, how hard was the conversion? (putting it on the 305 for now then eventually a 400 sbc) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor