Posi rear end

Trader history for Jbug.jbone (0)

Jbug.jbone

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 6, 2020
I’m in the Chicagoland area looking for a posi rear end, mainly looking for a “plug and play” kind of thing. Preferably 3.73 gears. Came across an add for an 8.5 3.42 gears but they were asking 1500$ I thought the price was too steep. Was it reasonably priced?

Willing to travel a bit to pick it up

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I’m in the Chicagoland area looking for a posi rear end, mainly looking for a “plug and play” kind of thing. Preferably 3.73 gears. Came across an add for an 8.5 3.42 gears but they were asking 1500$ I thought the price was too steep. Was it reasonably priced?

Willing to travel a bit to pick it up
I just gave $900 for a 12 bolt non posi out of a 70 chevelle a drum to drum bolt in 8.5 for $1500 is a going price

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Don't know what kind of power you have but 7.5's are cheap or you can put a posi in yours. Now if you are looking to upgrade $1500.00 is quite a bit for a 35 plus year old rear end. Don't know what your mechanical skills are but there are 9 in and 12 bolts which are basic bolt ins. 8.8 and A body 8.5's which can be adapted.

Scoot-71

Apprentice
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
I have a 7.5 with 3.42"s eaton posi which only has 1000mi on it I did cut spring perches off but its easy to replace them asking $200, I live North of Madison WI

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I sold my last spare 8.5 for $1500 in one day. Get them while you still can.
I have the one spare with just a little over 50K on it, 342 gears posi out of a Buick T Type Turbo, I have too many G body turbos to really sell it, id put a stupid price on it of $2500 just so no one will buy it!

G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor